Food intolerances are an IgG immunity response to food nutrients (generally proteins) that an organism recognises as ‘toxins’ and consequently attacks them causing inflammation. An inflammation response that becomes chronic has been shown by research to be potentially at the base of many inflammatory illnesses.
I offer food intolerance testing in central Edinburgh premises. Tests are sensitive and accurate and involve a 3ml blood collection by use of a safety lancet and a collection tube. The sample and relevant paperwork are send to the labs and tested using ELISA assay technique.
When I meet YOU and I hear YOUR symptoms, I focus my attention and time during the appointment to listen to YOUR ‘story’: each detail adds to your physiological profile and allows me very quickly to understand whether a physiological imbalance may be causing your symptoms. I build a holistic image of your digestion through my note taking and targeted questions on possible ‘other symptoms’, which guide me from the very first appointment, to advise key dietary changes to help you resolve your digestive issues.
My clinical advice and dietary protocols are based on the latest science and research and always accompanied by nutritious and yummy recipes so that you are enticed to try new foods and increase variety in your diet (the secret to a healthy gut).
The food intolerance test results are a tool that allows me to:
- recommend ways to temporarily replace the nutrients to which you have become intolerant;
- help you understand how to use food and where to source it;
- suggest life style changes;
- target your health imbalances in a functional manner, to facilitate healing of the gut lining;
- support you in re-introducing those foods back in your diet once the symptoms have resolved.
These are detailed and extensive tests from Cambridge Nutritional Studies Laboratory that cover from 40 to 200 foods according to your choice and need, including fully vegetarian and vegan food panels. Food print testing require a finger prick blood test and are sent to the laboratory for analysis. The results are available generally within two weeks along with a personalised report identifying problem foods.
- Food Print 40+ – £111.00
- Food Print 60+ – £161.00
- Food Print 120+ – £211.00
- Food Print 200+ – £291.00
- Food Print Vegetarian 60+ – £161.00
- Food Print Vegetarian 110+ – £193.60
- Food Print Vegetarian 160+ – £232.00
- Food Print Vegan 60+ – £162.00
- Food Print Vegan 110+ – £193.60
- Food Print Vegan 150+ – £217.20
- Food Print Herbs and Spices – £111.00
Cost of the consultation is £30. Follow-up appointments for food replacement plans is £50. Your final cost will depend on which Food Intolerance test you choose.
To book an appointment contact me on email@example.com
or choose your appointment time and day here: Appointment .
A deposit of £30 must be paid at the time of booking here: Pay Your Deposit.